Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Some thoughts to ponder...

Hi, Ladies! Here are some thoughts from Rhoda as she has been reading and processing "A Confident Heart."

Ladies/Sisters
I have had these thoughts turning in my mind for weeks... So at last I am putting them down to share with you...

I started out reading a chapter every week or so of our book "A Confident Heart" in January but then... well ... Here it is May and I am at Chapter 6!  I find it is worth pressing on even at this slow rate.

In Chapter 5... "Living Beyond the Shadow of My Doubts" I found the the last paragraph on page 89 to capture my attention.  I quote:
    "When do
ubt washes over me, often it is because something has happened to trigger my old             emotions and create thoughts in my mind that are similar to those I had as a child.  Sometimes         that hurt little girl still has too much say in my heart.  If I listen to her, powerful yet immature             emotions from my past rise to the surface.  But they are not truth in my life.  The insecurities             from your past are not the truth in your life either.  ...."I realize I have been dealing with this very issue of past hurts that my little girl wants to put as current truth.  In order to move beyond I found I needed to take what Renee has said a step further.   In processing the past  the "little girl"  needed to be heard, validated and then have the Lord tell her the truth in order to move on to healing.  If we just "don't listen to the little girl" we are just suppressing the hurt and it will keep resurfacing.  The Lord is so gracious to help us look at our past and reveal what is truth so that we are able to move on to live with "a confident heart"!

Now on to Chapter 6 where I will learn to "get my good enough from Jesus"!!  And this is so timely for me as well! 

Learning to enjoy the journey to wholeness!
Rhoda Lehman

~~~~Charity again....I have been thinking about A Confident Heart recently....thinking about it, yet not reading it. It is always hard for me to pick up a book once I haven't read it for a while...yet this is a book that contains a message I need. So, I am going to pick up the book again this week, scan the chapter titles, and choose one that catches my eye. Maybe I will do this again next week, too. So, if like me you have lost momentum in reading, don't worry. Just go at your own pace, do what works for you...and let me know what ministers to you through your reading.

2 comments:

  1. Ladies, it is worth continuing on in the journey. Even tho time has past God is still by our side working in and through us to pour His love in us to bring healing. Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the "Praying God's Promises" for Chpt 7 this morning... such an encouragement. "Lord, thank you that my failures never get the final say---You do!..." God is our hope for the journey! Just had to share this with everyone:-)

    ReplyDelete