Thursday, April 18, 2013

I need You to love me...

Some days, a song will draw me in, in a way it never has before. I will suddenly hear the familiar lyrics, and truly listen for the first time.
This morning I saw the cover of my journal where I had inked in the four themes for the ladies group this year.
Your past does not define you.
You don't have to walk in shame.
God can redeem the story of your life.
God has a beautiful purpose and plan for your life.
 
I didn't want to say anything about this theme because...well...haven't we moved on? Forgetting the past and pressing on to what lies ahead?
Yes. I am not who I once was.
And no...there are some days when I once again need to run headlong into my Father's embrace and hear the reassurance of His love without end.
It is on a day like today that I heard this song, a song that may perhaps be the cry of your heart. May it remind you that you are loved. Deeply......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment