Thursday, February 7, 2013

Days like Today

That's it...I am not reading A Confident Heart. I blew it. Again. I wrestled with God, and my will, my sin won. I am dealing with my regret, dealing with my fears over what God thinks of me. Forget becoming a confident woman of God. I am just trying to keep my head above water.
Maybe I am the only one who has days like today. Maybe not. I do know that I am treading water, hard, looking for a way out of my defeat. Seeking to know that my Heavenly Father loves me despite my crumbling, faltering, broken walk.
 I look ahead in the book.
Chapter 2: Because God's love is perfect, I don't have to be.
Chapter 3: Finding Love that won't fail even when I do.
And I realize that there is hope. Not because I am strong enough to save myself. No. My hope is found when I realize that there is a God I can run to, or who will find me when I am too scared, too broken to run to Him.
I will keep reading, keep learning, and keep seeking the God who will never let me go. Even on days like today.
"You stay there. I'll come to you"
 
 
A story that puts this in perspective...

1 comment:

  1. Charity, thanks so much for your honesty and vulnerability... I am where you are in my walk... The post by was so helpful in explaining the place we need to be... I am being blessed by the book and the questions to ponder and answer. Looking forward to getting with everyone! Mom Lehman

    ReplyDelete